René Cassin have published a May 2017 briefing on human rights issues for our next Government (pdf). It includes five questions for local candidates to assess their commitment to human rights and social justice.
René Cassin call on the next government to:
- Protect the Human Rights Act and maintain our commitment to the European Convention on Human Rights
- Keep existing equality and human rights laws when we leave the EU
- Ensure people cannot be held in immigration detention for more than 28 days
- Provide better support for survivors of modern day slavery
- Address hate crime and discrimination faced by minority groups