Date: 14 November and 17 December 2018
Location: Voluntary Action Leeds Stringer House 34 Lupton Street, Leeds, LS10 2QW
Cost: Free with a £25 refundable deposit
We’re heading to Leeds to deliver two workshops to introduce our Equality and Human Rights toolkit, in partnership with Voluntary Action Leeds. Do join us there!
This resource aims to help you use equality and human rights more effectively within your organisation.
We’re looking for people at voluntary and community organisations in Yorkshire and the Humber to register for our Framework learning programme. These workshops will support you to embed equality and human rights into your organisation in order to strengthen your core aims, and improve outcomes for the people you support.
Travel bursaries are available on a needs, and first come first serve basis.
The deadline for registration is 12 November 2018.
Here’s the timetable for the learning programme (pdf). We’ll cover:
- How the framework works in practice
- The implications of Brexit on local and national funding
- The rights in the Equality Act 2010 and Human Rights Act 1998 that can help our sector
- Explore how a human rights based approach might improve customer service,
user experience or outcomes in your organisation
- Understand the ‘train, complain, campaign’ approach for equality and human
- Your own experiences with equality and human rights…along with time for refreshments and networking.
This learning programme is free but to confirm your place we need a refundable deposit of £25. This deposit will be repaid once you have completed the learning programme.
We want the widest possible range of community groups and voluntary organisations to attend – no matter what your size, or level of experience, is.
In return, we ask that you commit to:
- Completing the full day workshop on the learning programme on 14 November 2018
- Participating in one or both of the half day workshops on 17 December 2018
- Providing a pre-evaluation form (November) and a follow-up survey (April 2019) as part of our evaluation programme.
We expect this programme to be popular and so confirmation of participation will be made on a rolling basis, ending 12 November 2018.