‘Equality Bodies Promoting Equality & Non-Discrimination for LGBTI People. An Equinet Perspective’ was published in October 2013.
The perspective seeks to:
- Inform the policy debate on LGBTI issues at EU and national levels by identifying and extracting relevant lessons from the work of equality bodies promoting equality for and combating discrimination against LGBTI people.
- Enhance the work of equality bodies to promote equality for and combat discrimination against LGBTI people by examining the issues they face in this work and by identifying good practice in responding to these issues.
- Deepen the relationship between equality bodies and LGBTI people and their organisations by communicating the mandate, work and achievements of equality bodies in promoting equality for and combating discrimination against LGBTI people.
- The context for LGBTI people in the EU
- Key issues in the work of equality bodies on LGBTI issues
- The results of a survey of equality bodies on their work on LGBTI issues
- Action that could be taken by equality bodies to evolve their work on LGBTI issues
- Action that could be taken at EU level to enhance the context for the work of equality bodies on LGBTI issues