End Violence Against Women has published a May 2017 manifesto (pdf), outlining priorities for ending violence against women and girls in the UK.
It describes ways in which the government should act to end violence, focusing on five major areas:
- Prioritise dedicated work to end all forms of violence against women and girls
- Ensure that all women have access to life-saving services, whereever they live
- Make ending violence against women and girls a priority across all public services
- Recognise that violence disproportionately affects women who experience multiple forms of discrimination, and develop policy and support services to address this
- Demonstrate strong and visible public leadership in this area, challenging myths and excuses