Tracey Agyeman – our Network Coordinator – invites you to help co-create an Equality and Human Rights learning programme.
We’re developing an Equality and Human Rights Framework: a free digital tool and learning programme for voluntary and community sector (VCS) organisations.
It’s designed to explore how equality and human rights can help achieve your organisation’s core purpose – and how to build equality and human rights into your work.
We want to co-create the learning programme with VCS organisations so that together, using human rights and equality, we can strengthen our sector’s voice.
Our aims are to:
- Improve voluntary sector organisations’ own services, and private and public service delivery
- Strengthen your campaigns and ability to hold authorities to account
- Build capacity and confidence to identify practical ways equality and human rights can help at both strategic and individual client levels
We’re looking for eight organisations to take part in a needs analysis to help shape the learning programme. You’d take part in a telephone interview (up to 45 minutes during the last two weeks of June), and comment on the resulting draft programme outline by email (in the second week of July).
The learning programme could cover:
- An overview of the framework and the practical ways it can help
- Using equality and human rights to improve services
- Using equality and human rights in campaigning
- Opportunities to network and share experiences with other VCS organisations
And could work through a combination of:
- Regional workshops
- Telephone coaching sessions
- Online videos or webinars
- Action learning sets
What we can offer you in return?
Your organisation will have pre-launch access to the digital framework tool, and a priority place on our learning programme. We’ll be rolling this out on a regional basis from Autumn 2017.
If you are interested, let me know at email@example.com.