The Department for Work and Pensions has published the results of a survey on Universal Credit Full Service previously called the ‘digital service’, in June 2018.
Key findings include:
- Claimants struggled with the online claim process. Three-quarters of were able to register their own claim online, but just over half were able to do so unassisted.
- Within 8-9 months into their claim, nearly a fifth of individuals had moved off UC. For slightly more than a tenth, this was as a result of finding work or increasing their hours or income.
- Significant numbers of claimants were experiencing consistent and worsening housing payment arrears.
- Older claimants and claimants with health conditions are faring less well with UC.
- Around half of claimants have had to find additional funds.