The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy have published a white paper on the industrial strategy (pdf), in November 2017.
This paper sets out a long-term plan to boost the productivity and earning power of people throughout the UK.
The Department’s aim is that by 2030, we will become the world’s most innovative economy.
In order to meet this target, they will:
- Invest a further £725m in a second wave of the Industrial Strategy Challenge programme
- lnvest £300m over the next three years in world-class talent
- Work with leading universities, research institutes and UK Research and
- Innovation to increase global investors’ R&D activities taking place in the UK
- Develop an agile approach to regulation