In March 2014, Compact Voice published a guide providing an easy-to-understand overview of social value and the Public Services (Social Value) Act.
The briefing, Understanding Social Value: A guide for local Compacts and the voluntary sector, covers topics including:
- What social value is and how to demonstrate it
- What is covered by the Public Services (Social Value) Act 2012
- Requirements for local authorities
- Creating a social value strategy
- How social value and the Compact relate to each other
The guidance provides a number of case studies and lists practical actions for voluntary organisations and commissioning authorities. The guidance is free to download from the Compact Voice website.