Date: Wednesday 18 July 2018
Time: 6.30pm – 8pm
Location: The House of Lords
The Women’s Budget Group will launch their new report, ‘The Female Face of Poverty’, on Wednesday 18 July at the House of Lords.
The report looks at the causes and consequences of women’s poverty and explores how to promote women’s economic independence.
The event hosted by Baroness (Ruth) Lister of Burtersett. Speakers include:
- Alison Garnham – Child Poverty Action Group
- Sara Reis – UK Women’s Budget Group
- Sue Bent – Central England Law Centre
- Chair: Rebecca Omonira-Oyekanmi – independent journalist
There will be opportunities to discuss the main findings of the report, around the following points:
- What are the causes of poverty for women at different life stages and for different groups of women?
- How do women experience poverty and what is the impact of poverty on their lives?
- What role can social security and public investment play in combating women’s poverty?