In November 2013, the Government published its action plan setting out how government will take forward the recommendations of the Women’s Business Council Report.
In June 2013, the Women’s Business Council published its report to government. This document sets out how the government will take forward the report’s findings and recommendations through a number of actions including:
- Improved guidance on careers which will include raising aspirations and challenging stereotypes
- Help for parents to ensure their children make well-informed career and subject choices
- A new drive on science, technology and engineering, building on “Tomorrow’s Engineers week” which is taking place this week
- Support for those with caring responsibilities to stay in work where they wish or to set up their own small business
- A new business champion for older workers