Date: 19 March and 23 April 2018
Location: Centre for Life, Times Square, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 4EP
Cost: Free with a £50 refundable deposit
Want help using equality and human rights to achieve your organisation’s core purpose?
We have launched our Equality and Human Rights Framework – a free digital toolkit for voluntary and community sector organisations.
We’re looking for organisations in the North East to register for our Framework learning programme. This free series of workshops will explore how to use the Framework to integrate equality and human rights into your work.
The deadline for registration is 12 March 2018.
Here’s the timetable for the learning programme (pdf). We’ll cover:
- How the framework works in practice
- The rights in the Equality Act 2010 and Human Rights Act 1998 that can help our sector
- Your own experiences with equality and human rights…along with time for refreshments and networking.
This learning programme is free but to confirm your place we need a refundable deposit of £50. This deposit will be repaid once you have completed the learning programme.
We want the widest possible range of community groups and voluntary organisations to attend – no matter what your size, or level of experience, is.
In return, we ask that you commit to:
- Completing the full day workshop on the learning programme on 19 March
- Participating in one or both of the half day workshops on 23 April 2018
- Providing a pre-evaluation form (March) and a follow-up survey (September) as part of our evaluation programme.
We expect this programme to be popular and so confirmation of participation will be made on a rolling basis, ending 12 March 2018.
The venue is fully accessible for wheelchair users and has induction loops.
This project is supported by Baring Foundation.