Between March and June 2011, the Government held a consultation seeking views on how it engages with and listens to women. Ministers and officials discussed and listened to the views of women directly through 19 events held across the UK.
On 4 November 2011, the Government published ‘Strengthening women’s voices in Government. A response to the public consultation’.
The top priorities women identified were:
- Issues relating to the workplace and women’s experience of work including promotion,better work life balance, childcare and setting up a business;
- Tackling violence against women and girls;
- A strong appetite for greater equality for women;
- Access to leadership positions, both in politics and business;
- More engagement with women, including with senior women in business/women entrepreneurs.
Click here for details