In January 2012, the Equality and Diversity Forum (EDF) held a Public Sector Equality Duty (PSED) training event with Helen Mountfield QC at Matrix Chambers and Louise Whitfield, Solicitor at Pierce Glyn.
Resources from the event include:
- Introduction to the legal framework and current state of the law (Helen Mountfield QC)
- Practical aspects of using and applying the Public Sector Equality Duty (Louise Whitfield)
- Challenging funding cuts: some case studies (Helen Mountfield QC)
- The Public Sector Equality Duty: practical strategies in a specific case (Louise Whitfield)
- Government Equalities Office policy equality statement (referred to in Louise Whitfield’s case study)
EDF thanks Helen Mountfield QC and Louise Whitfield for their contribution, and Matrix Chambers for hosting the event.