In 2016, Bright Blue published an essay collection, Conservatism and human rights.
The collection brings together leading thinkers, decision makers and public figures to discuss three key themes in the debate around human rights: tackling discrimination; the role of human rights in British foreign policy; and ensuring the proposed new British Bill of Rights strengthens human rights.
- The Rt Hon Damian Green MP (Former Minister for Immigration) on what should be in the British Bill of Rights
- The Rt Hon Maria Miller MP (Chair, Women and Equalities Select Committee) on tackling gender discrimination
- The Rt Hon Sir Malcolm Rifkind QC (Former Foreign Secretary) on the balance between individual freedom and state security
- Crispin Blunt MP (Chair, Foreign Affairs Select Committee) on human rights with global players
- Trevor Phillips OBE (Former Chair, Equality and Human Rights Commission) on tackling racial discrimination
- Professor Sir Paul Collier (Director, International Growth Centre) on ending extreme poverty