This background paper, published in February 2013 by the Open Society Foundation, explains when and how the EU Charter of Fundamental Rights can be used by advocates at the national and EU level.
‘The EU Charter of Fundamental Rights: What Can It Do?’ sets out:
- when the Charter comes into play at the EU level
- when the Charter comes into play at the national level
- how individuals and organisations can use the Charter
- the relationship between the Charter and human rights treaties
- the origins of the Charter
Click here to download the paper