Aims & Objectives
The Equality and Diversity Forum’s vision
The Equality and Diversity Forum (EDF) is the national network of non-governmental organisations (NGOs) working on equality and human rights. Our vision is a society where we all have the chance to flourish and fulfil our potential; where our human rights and dignity are valued; and where we can be ourselves, free from discrimination, violence and abuse.
We believe that we all should have
- An equal chance to flourish, fulfil our potential, and contribute to society.
- An equal say so we have control over our own lives, are valued for who we are, and are treated with respect.
- Equal freedom to live without discrimination, violence and abuse.
EDF uses our strength as a national network of influential organisations working across all areas of equality and human rights. Together we can make a reality of equality, human rights and social justice in people’s lives.
Our charitable aims are:
- To promote equality and in particular the elimination of discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, gender, gender identity, race, religion or belief, and sexual orientation or any combination of these grounds.
- To promote understanding of and support for human rights.
- To promote the efficiency and effectiveness of voluntary sector organisations working in the areas of equality and human rights.
To advance these aims, EDF has developed a strategy with three main goals:
- Increase public and political support for equality and human rights.
- Create solutions to advance an equal and diverse society.
- Strengthen the capacity of civil society.
EDF’s Memorandum and Articles.