The British Institute of Human Rights is holding a series of learning events for practitioners on mental health, mental capacity and human rights in September 2016.
The events will focus on how you can use human rights in your work to design and deliver rights-respecting services, or use human rights to negotiate with services for better outcomes for patients. Whether you work in service design or delivery, for an advocacy or support group, as a regulator, Commissioner or for a national organisation, the event aims to open a discussion on how a human rights approach could help improve services in your local area.
The events take place across the country as follows:
• Durham, 7 September 10am – 4pm
• Liverpool, 13 September 10am – 4pm
• Chippenham, 21 September 10am – 4pm
• Bristol, 22 September 10am – 4pm
• London, 27 September 10am – 4pm
• One further event in either Colchester or Ipswich – to be confirmed