In January 2014, Age UK published Care in Crisis: What’s next for social care?
The report outlines seven building blocks for reform of the care system:
- Paying for care in a fair and transparent way.
- Having access to care and support with no chance of being left without it.
- Receiving high quality care and support.
- Receiving dignified care and support in order to live safely and with self-respect.
- Ensuring carers are supported so that family or friends providing care are not expected to sacrifice health, career or financial security.
- Having a simple, easy to understand system in place.
- Being able to plan in advance before needing care.